28 March, 2007

The Last Chapters of HotText

These chapters of hot text says that "Good writing is not data," and it is also organized and persistant. To write well on the web, you must have somewhat of a sense of humor, and a snappy headline to catch the readers attention. Another element that would catch an average readers attention is a short reading. If it is too long, the reader may get distracted and feel the need to only skim and not focus on the entire article. Pictures and links can also help the readers visually understand the topic at hand.
Reading some of my fellow classmates feature stories, it was though they were so long and hard to finish reading. Now reading Chapter 17, I realized I should have added pictures to my feature story and maybe got a more eye catching title. An update of my feature story will be on my website as soon as I edit it.

No comments: